White Point Garden
landmark

Located in the heart of Charleston’s historic district, this prominent landmark provides a spectacular view of Fort Sumter and the Charleston Harbor. It was first used as a public garden in 1837. With the outbreak of the Civil War, it became a fortification for the city. Many of the historic mortars and cannons from the Civil War used to shell as well as defend the city can be found here.

 

related