FILTER Magazine’s Culture Collide Festival Artists Pay Homage to Peter Gabriel’s “So”
Posted on July 10, 2012
FILTER Magazine, and renowned music industry veteran, Peter Gabriel, have teamed up to offer an incredible opportunity to international bands set to perform at the upcoming Culture Collide music and art festival, October 4-7 in Los Angeles.
To celebrate the 25th anniversary of Gabriel’s legendary album “So” as well as 10 years in print for the indie music publication, FILTER is asking over 50 bands playing at the third annual Culture Collide festival to submit a cover version of their track of choice from the celebrated historical album. Peter Gabriel will then handpick his favorite submission and the winning band will be announced at Culture Collide, where their cover track will be recorded live.
Also to honor the winning band, their track will be featured on www.PeterGabriel.com as well as on Peter Gabriel’s official YouTube Channel. This opportunity is open to all bands playing at the third annual Culture collide festival, which include of Montreal, Junip, The Wombats, Patrick Wolf, Clinic, Niki and the Dove and many other international buzzworthy artists.
So what's at stake here? The full grand prize includes:
- Winning track to be featured on www.PeterGabriel.com
- Winning track to be showcased on Peter Gabriel’s YouTube Channel and social media outlets
- Presentation of the So box set in Los Angeles during the Culture Collide festival
- An invitation by Peter Gabriel to attend his October 6 'Back To Front' show at the Hollywood Bowl with access to soundcheck
- A brand new Nucleus console from SSL – the compact, portable desktop unit that creates a comfortable, efficient hands on operating environment for DAW based music and film/TV post production - http://www.solid-state-logic.com/music/nucleus/
Additionally, the three runner-up bands chosen by Peter Gabriel will receive Anniversary Deluxe 3 “So” CD packages.
A limited number of tickets are currently still available at just $20, giving you access to all Culture Collide music events during the entire festival. Buy yours via Ticket Web right now.